Tuesday Toot – G+ is
closing gone. When it was alive things happened. Things unexpected. Great things. Whilst my creative output is only modest, I thought I’d hold something up into the living light, something that came about purely because G+ existed … This is a toot to G+.
The Master’s Hoard is a compilation of quirk-some magic items which I posted on my G+ page over a period of weeks. The compilation of magic items can be downloaded for free here: Link
:: Blade of Blinking ::
The user ‘blinks’ (i.e. teleports locally) when an adversary is hit
This weapon takes the form of a slicing weapon. Appended to the weapon is part of a Blink Hound, usually its tail.
Whenever a successful hit is made on a target, the user will ‘blink’, i.e. teleport locally, but still within striking range of the target.
To Hit Roll
- Natural 20 – the target is so befuddled by the ‘blinking’ they are unable to attack the user with their next attack opportunity;
- Successful Hit – the user ‘blinks’; see below for Blink Location;
- Natural 1 – the users blinks, but ends up with their back exposed to the adversary
The ‘blink location’ is indexed to the weapon damage roll (see below). Where multiple dice are used for weapon damage (e.g. 3D6), then only the lowest die roll of the set is used to determine the ‘blink location’:
- 1 Rolled – user blinks, but ends up front and center of the target (no advantage gained by the user or target);
- 2 or 3 Rolled – user blinks to the side/flank of the target (next attack is: +1 to hit target; and -1 for the target to hit user);
• 4+ Rolled – user blinks behind the target (next attack: +2 to hit target; -2 for the target to hit user). Thieves also get an opportunity to backstab with their attack.
– – –